What is Pastry?
Pastry could be a dough of flour, water and shortening which will be savoury or sweet. sugared pastries area unittypically represented as bakers’ confectionery. The word “pastries” suggests several sorts of baked product made of ingredients like flour, sugar, milk, butter, shortening, leaven, and eggs. tiny tarts and different sweet baked product arknown as pastries.
Why do you choose chocolate?
A new study suggests that feeding chocolate will assist you keep skinny. Researchers at the University of California-San Diego found that individuals World Health Organization ofttimes eat chocolate have lower body-mass indexes than people that don’t. alternative proof indicates that chocolate also can keep off strokes, heart attacks, and polygenic disease. therefore here area unit five reasons to enjoys some s’mores this summer
1.Chocolate decreases stroke risk
A Swedish study found thatconsumption quite forty five grams of chocolate per week—about 2 bars worth—led to a twenty c decrease in stroke risk among ladies. Chocolate contains flavonoids, whose inhibitor properties facilitate fight strokes.
2.Chocolate reduces the probability of a coronary failure
Other studies show that feeding chocolate prevents blood clots, that successively reduces the chance of heart attacks. Blood platelets clump along additional slowly in chocolate eaters, the studies say.
3.Chocolate protects against blood inflammation
Eat one Hershey’ssemi-sweet chocolate bar per week, and your risk of heart condition can decrease, a 2008 study found. About 6.7 grams of semi-sweet chocolate per day keeps the blood inflammation-inducing proteins away. similar to your mother invariably told you.
4.Chocolate could stop cancer
Cocoa contains a compound known as pentameric procyanidin, or pentamer, that disrupts cancer cells’ ability to unfold. once researchers from the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center at Georgetown University treated cancer cells with pentamer back in 2005, the proteins necessary for cancer growth were suppressed and also the cells stopped dividing.
5.Chocolate strengthens your brain
Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University found thatbittersweet chocolate shields cells in your brain, and consequently protects it from harm caused by stroke. Epicatechin, a compound found in chocolate, considerably reduced the brain harm in mice World Health Organization suffered strokes, they found. Scientists at California’s Jonas Salk Institute conjointly found that epicatechin improved mice’s reminiscences.
Recipe of chocolate pastry
- 2 cups flour (maida)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar-powdered
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cold water-as required
- For the filling:
- 240 gm cooking chocolate (or semi sweet chocolate)-chopped fine
- 60 gm butter
- 4 eggs-separated
- 3 cups sugar
How to Make Chocolate Tarts
- Sieve the flour and mix in the salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut the butter into it till and mix to a crumbly mixture.
- Add vinegar and egg or cold milk and mix into a stiff dough. Use cold water only if required.
- Wrap in cling foil or cover and keep in a cool place to rest about 15 minutes.
- Line tart mould with the pastry dough, prick with a fork and bake in a 375F-180C oven till a light brown (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the filling:
- In double boiler melt chocolate and butter until smooth then let cool slightly.
- In separate bowl lightly beat egg yolks. Using a spatula fold in to chocolate mixture.
- In large bowl beat the egg white till they form peaks.
- Gradually add all the sugar until the whites turn glossy. Fold the chocolate mixture into the whites just until no white streaks remain.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F-180 C. Fill the tart shells with the chocolate mixture and bake for 18 minutes until the tops are firm and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Oven Temp: 350F-180C
- For Cases:
1/4 cup butter (60 gm)
- 2/3 cup water (160 gm)1/8 Tbsp salt2/3 cup flour (maida) (80 gm)2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- For the Filling:1 cup cream, chilled (240 gm)1/4 cup sugar, powdered (60 gm)1 Tbsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp rum (30 gm) optional
- For the Chocolate Icing:1 Tbsp cocoa powder1 Tbsp water1/ 2 cup icing (confectioner’s) sugar (120 gm)
1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
How to Make Chocolate Eclairs
- Place butter, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it comes to a boil, add the flour, remove from heat and beat well till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- When cool enough to touch, beat in the eggs with an electric beater (a little at a time, if not using an electric beater), till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Rinse a plastic bag (or icing bag) with water. Fill the bag with the egg and flour mixture and snip a 3/4″-1″ hole in one corner.
- Take an un-greased baking tray and pipe out straight lines of about 3″ length, spaced an inch part.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes (they stop making a faint sizzling sound). Remove from oven and pierce on the side with a knife and leave to cool. They would sink if not pierced.
- Whip cream, sugar, vanilla and rum together till thick enough to be piped out.
- Mix icing ingredients together over low heat, till well blended and smooth.
- When puff cases are cool, snip a cut into the top half, enough for an icing nozzle to be pushed in to fill the cream in.
- Slit the eclairs horizontally half way, till just short of the edge, so they stay joined. Pipe the cream into the cases with and icing gun or polythene bag.
- Coat the exposed part with the icing, and serve.