- 21.16 oz/600 g Croissant Dough
- 1.4 oz/40 g cocoa powder 24%
- 2.5 o/70 g fresh cold water
Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix in first speed for 5 minutes, or until well blended together. Roll in a square shape, wrap in plastic and place in the cooler.
- 105.8 oz/3000 g Croissant Dough
- 31.7 oz/900 g European Style Butter
- Scale the butter on a baking paper sheet, and knock it down with a rolling pin to make it soft, even in temperature and texture and square.
- Using the sheeter or a rolling pin (in this last case, you might want to divide your paton in half, as well as your butter. Use the same technique, with more elbow grease), spread the dough into a square twice as big as the square of butter you just did. Enclose the butter inside the dough and seal the surface well so no butter can be seen. Give it a simple fold, allow it to rest in the cooler for one hour, repeat two more times (total of three simple folds), place your paton in the freezer for 30 minutes before final spreading.