This is the best version of chocolate coated strawberries i do know. Paraffin was originally used rather than shortening. flip the strawberries the wrong way up and insert by the toothpicks into a chunk of polystyrene for straightforward cooling, or just place them on a sheet of paper. chocolate could also be drizzled over the chocolate for a enthusiast look. they’re excellent for weddings once embellished with topping bow ties, bells, butterflies, roses, etc.
- 16 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
- Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.